14 July 2011

Gelato and Sorbetto all summer long



As the height of the fruit season is reaching its zenith, there's only one thing to do!



Make Gelato!


And so we have been,..... repeatedly.  What's not to love about sorbets and gelato. We just made some plum gelato from a box of local ramsen Plums that we were given at the market, since one lady had more than she knew what to do with. Our family gelato machine is being put through it's paces. 


It's a great way to use up a lot of fruit when you have it as well as top it for the full fruit immersion. 
Even if you have just a small ice cream maker it's time to break it out and enjoy summer at her finest.
I've got a couple of busy weeks coming up with guests and the Tour du France coming through next week, so I hope I can find a few minutes to share some photos before getting back to some recipes. In the meantime, enjoy some fresh fruit sorbet and let the good times roll!

3 comments:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Do you have a good gelato recipe:D

Anonymous said...

HI MARLA, I AM WATCHING THE TOUR COMING THROUGH SESTRIERE, IT MAKES
ME HOMESICK FOR YOU ALL AND EUROPE.
I REMEBER WHEN WE VIVISTED YOUR COSY B&B IN 2009 WE WHERE SO BLESSED TO HAVE YOU AND FABRIZIO INTRODUCE US TO THIS LOVELY AREA. I ALSO REMEMBER WHEN WE DROVE DOWN YOUR MOUNTAIN ONE DAY WE SAW THE GENTLEMAN WHO WAS HUNTING FOR MUSHROOMS, I DO ENJOY YOUR PICTURES AND LEARN FROM YOUR BLOG.
GOD BLESS

Fern Driscoll said...

Oh yum! Your gelato pic makes me want to eat a great big bowl of it - right now!

Bookmark and Share