14 June 2008

Pasta Precotta?

What would you guess this is?


If you guessed, a boring bowl of whole grain pasta,
you would be right,
but not exactly.

That would be Puppy YUM
In the land of "all things pasta",
Italians feed their dogs and cats,
that's right,
pasta.
Precooked, whole grain, with out preservatives pasta.
Just add hot water, wait 10 minutes, and stir in any thing else you might have sitting around that begs to be added for the darling little pooch.
Our little stray herding puppy that appeared on our doorstep this past week likes it just plain and simple. Where as, "Fido", another canine, who appeared last November and has been adopted by my in laws, likes his with parmesan and a touch of olive oil.
I imagine both are happy to be having anything to eat,
but it does seem that the doggy pasta is a hot seller here.

Voila,
you have a happy camper along with the rest of us
that just say "yum" to pasta too.

7 comments:

Rowena said...

Love it! But I'm afraid that Miss Maddie has been spoiled too much. She loves pasta alright, and she'll eat it plain, but it has to be De Cecco, Barilla only as a second option. ;-)

[and as I type this, she is guarding her humungous prosciutto bone from little brother!]

Anonymous said...

This post so funny, B)

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Very lucky dogs:D

Bella Baita Marla said...

Val, I think Rowena's dogs are the lucky ones, De Cecco or Barilla pasta!
Fosk, thanks for stopping by. I didn't realize you were a Mac guru. I'm going to have to dig around on your blog.

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! My dog used to love parmesan on everything!btw..you are back in my feed..yay!

Anonymous said...

Huh. Well, who knew? I've seen my more driven friends make their own dogfood with rice and cracked wheat, but never pasta! Amazing!

Proud Italian Cook said...

I love this!! Leave it to the Italians to think of this! I'm so happy I had no loading problems this time. Yay!!

Bookmark and Share