03 April 2008

Calling all Culinary Storytellers

Spring is here I do believe, as my early spring indicators have sprung up all over the fields and neighborhood yards. These lovely blue and white crocuses along with this early variety of orchid are covering the fields all around us and it puts a smile on my face. It's hard to be indoors and working on a computer or cooking up a storm indoors these days. The sunshine and garden calls.
I know I'm listening.

However, cooking still happens and and I would like to invite all of you to join me this month in adding a favorite story and recipe about someone influential in your culinary journey for April's edition of "Apples & Thyme "
Jeni Of Passionate Palate and Inge of Vanielje Kitchen very kindly honored me by asking me to host this months event. If you haven't already found their sites, you need to have a good look around their sites for some exceptional recipes and stories. Check out the previous events entries when you have some time as I think you'll find it heartwarming and interesting for stories from around the world .
You know you hate to give a party and not have anyone come, so I am hoping you will find the time to share a story and recipe with us before April 20th, so I can round them up and post them for everyone to enjoyl You don't even have to be a blogger to join in, I'd be happy to post any entries that you readers would like to share. You can find out details of how to participate at either of their sites or just follow this link here or here for all the details. I will be posting something very shortly as soon as I can dig up the elusive recipe I was looking for and get it made and posted. I hope you will join in as its a great way to honor your family members or others who may have given you some great memories through the power of cooking and eating together to pass along. I'm off to do bit of digging in the ground, ta.

6 comments:

The Passionate Palate said...

I love your "call for culinary storytellers"! Great way to put it. Thanks so much for hosting this month.

Rowena said...

I've been aware of Jeni's Apples & Thyme event from the beginning, but always have to bow out since I am one of the unfortunate few who never learned to cook from the women in the family. My mother preferred us to be out of the kitchen, unless we were washing the dishes! Oh well...

As for spring, I've been enjoying the best of both worlds as the weather actually has me wanting to stay in the kitchen and bake! I just arrange my schedule to accomodate the whole lot, garden and all. Ah yes, and walking Miss Maddie too!

Bella Baita Marla said...

Thanks Jeni!

But Rowena, I just know you have an interesting story or two about people or things that have influenced you to be the adventuresome cook that you are today. It doesn't have to be about your mother or grandmother. My mother only ever let me make the same salad and set the table, but her cooking and style heavily influenced and have given me a few stories, as well as quite a few other people that I am still looking forward to writing about. What do you think? There has got to be a tale or two from Hawaii or Italy?

Anonymous said...

I'm in... but having already written for two of the Apples & Thyme events about my main influencers, I'll have to do some thinking here... :-)

Ivy said...

Hi,
I've submitted my participation a couple of days ago but did not receive any confirmation.
I hope I have not done anything wrong.
Just in case I am sending you the link of my post and pls check if it has been received. Thanks, Ivy.
http://kopiaste.blogspot.com/2008/04/say-cheese-or-better-halloumi.html

Bella Baita Marla said...

Thank you for letting me know as I didn't receive your post. Maybe try submitting it again to me at Marla(at)bellabaita(dot)com

Bookmark and Share