30 August 2009

Interview with...an Expat, (and that would be me and no, not a vampire)

In case you were wondering what it's like to run a B&B, or if you were a wee bit curious about how Bella Baita came about, check out my interview over at My Bella Vita. Expat, Cherrye Moore, who is also a talented free lance writer and B&B owner (Il Cedro) in Calabria, has started a new series on her blog, My Bella Vita about expat owned businesses in Italy. She very generously launched it with an interview with little ole me. I'm honored. Cherrye and I have very similar stories, starting with falling in love with an Italian man and moving to his home town to discover "la dolce vita". So if you get a chance head on over to her site as she also has a lot of interesting travel tips on Tuesdays and lots of other helpful information for those of you contemplating the expat life. Thanks Cherrye.
Oh yeah, I forgot to say, you need to go and stay with her at here B&B in the south and with us in the north!

11 comments:

Cherrye at My Bella Vita said...

It is my pleasure, Marla! The worst part is, now I am even more anxious to get away from my B&B and visit yours! ha

KennyT said...

I wish I could stay at your B&B one day.

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

We would all love to stay at your B & B some day. Wouldn't that be something:D

Fern Driscoll said...

I love the portrait of the two of you, it's really appealing.

Bella Baita Marla said...

Thanks Fern, it is a sweet photo one of our guests took last week.
Yes it would be wonderful to have a confab of bloggers come here and cook together!

Bella Baita Marla said...

or even just eat together!

Peter from italyMONDO! said...

It's amazing how expats have such a great connection here in Italy. I can't wait to join the crew and be a part!

Bella Baita Marla said...

Peter you're always welcome anytime!

Rowena said...

One of these days when I get out there again, may I have the pleasure of interviewing you?

Proud Italian Cook said...

Marla, loved your interview. I know sometimes the work is hard, but you are blessed with living a dream life!

Bella Baita Marla said...

I definitely feel blessed and don't really think of my work hard. Hard work was standing on my feet in commercial kitchens for long long hours. That was hard.

Bookmark and Share